Phone: (317) 822-4400 x105
Fax: (317) 822-0234
Assistant: Regina Miller
Assistant Phone: (317) 822-4400 x119
Michael Dorelli is a partner with Hoover Hull Turner LLP. He practices in the areas of business litigation and professional liability defense.
Education & Clerkships
- J.D., magna cum laude, Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law; Executive Managing Editor, Indiana Law Review
- Intern, Indiana Secretary of State, Securities Division
- B.S., Finance, Indiana University Kelley School of Business-Bloomington
- AV Preeminent®, Martindale–Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation (2014–2018)
- Indiana Super Lawyers® (2014-19)
- Indiana Rising Stars® (2009, 2011)
Professional Associations & Civic Involvement
- Member, Indiana State Bar Association (Ethics Committee)
Though all cases vary and none is predictive, Mike’s experience includes:
- Represents businesses and individuals in disputes involving contract performance and interpretation issues, disputes relating to corporate ownership and control, trade secret misappropriation, unfair competition, interpretation and enforcement of non-competition covenants, business torts, including breach of fiduciary duty, fraud and defamation, trademark and copyright infringement, construction disputes, and employment-related disputes.
- Represents attorneys and their firms in matters involving claims of professional negligence, disciplinary proceedings, and related allegations, in addition to advising clients on lawyer ethics and professional liability issues.
- Represents insurers in coverage litigation and related matters, including the defense of bad faith claims.
Presentations & Publications
- Author or Co-Author, Recent Developments in Indiana Business and Contract Law, Indiana Law Review, 2009-2014.
- Author or Co-Author, Recent Developments in Indiana Civil Procedure, Indiana Law Review, 2005-2008.
- Note, Striking Back at Extortionate Securities Litigation: Silicon Graphics Leads the Way to a Truly Heightened and Uniform Pleading Standard, 31 Ind. L. Rev. 1189 (1998).