Phone: (317) 822-4400 x107
Assistant: Melodie Alexander
Assistant Phone: (317) 822-4400 x130
Jason Fulk is a partner of Hoover Hull Turner LLP. He practices primarily in the areas of complex business litigation and motorsports law. He also manages the career and business interests of NTT IndyCar Series driver Charlie Kimball.
- J.D., Indiana University Maurer School of Law – Bloomington; Managing Editor, Indiana Law Journal; Best Brief Award, Sherman Minton Moot Court Competition
- B.S., Marketing, with distinction, B.S., Computer Information Systems, with distinction, Indiana University Kelley School of Business – Bloomington
CLERKSHIPS & PRIOR EMPLOYMENT
- Summer Law Clerk, Magistrate Judge Tim A. Baker, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- Management Consultant, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- AV Preeminent®, Martindale–Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation (2014-19)
- Indiana Super Lawyers® (2017-19)
- Indiana Rising Stars® (2009-16)
- Finalist, Indy’s Best and Brightest Awards (2010, 2011)
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & CIVIC INVOLVEMENT
- President, Domestic Violence Network
- Player/Coach, Lawyers Basketball League
- Indiana State Bar Association, American Citizenship Committee
- Barrister, Sagamore American Inn of Court (2010-12)
Though all cases vary and none is predictive, Jason’s experience includes:
- Represented multi-national medical device distributor in dispute with device manufacturer regarding rights under distribution agreement and intellectual property licensing agreement.
- Represented corporation and its President in pursuit of damages in excess of $2 million against former officers alleged to have engaged in wrongful competition with corporation in breach of fiduciary duty, tortious interference with the company’s business relationships, and related torts.
- Advised LLC member and co-manager regarding management and ownership rights and obligations under the operating agreements of numerous affiliated LLCs in dispute over future operation of real estate development enterprise.
- Represented regional bank in action to foreclose on large residential development, assisting bank to obtain and manage receivership, with contested priority battle with subordinate mortgagor, and to purchase the distressed development at sheriff’s sale.
- Represented insurer in dispute over service provider’s claim for compensation for reinsurance review services performed outside the scope of a service contract. Ind. Lumbermens Mut. Ins. Co. v. Reinsurance Results, Inc., 513 F.3d 652 (7th Cir. 2008).
- Represented national telephone directory publisher in numerous disputes with advertisers and others, including disputes relating to breach of advertising agreements, trademark infringement, and constitutional issues.
- Represented national coffee chain in numerous product and premises liability disputes.
- Represented non-resident defendant casino in dispute over collection of casino markers on issue of first impression regarding whether the exercise of personal jurisdiction over casino would violate constitutional due process rights. JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. v. Desert Palace, Inc., 882 N.E.2d 743 (Ind. Ct. App. 2008).
- Manages the career and business interests of Verizon IndyCar Series driver Charlie Kimball.
- Represents professional race car drivers in negotiations with teams and sponsors participating in NASCAR, INDYCAR and other racing series regarding driving and sponsorship services, personal appearances, and IP licensing.
- Counsels race teams and their owners regarding agreements with drivers, sponsors, and other racing services providers, with attention to protecting sponsor relationships, IP licensing, liability limitations, waivers, releases, and indemnities.
- Assists clients with partial emancipation of minor children for the purpose of allowing them to participate in auto or motorcycle racing in Indiana.
- Represented Champ Car World Series and its owners in numerous disputes with event promoters and creditors.
- Represented CART race team and its owner in arbitrated dispute with rival team relating to a technology sharing agreement and ownership rights under LLC operating agreement.
Presentations & Publications
- Presenter, Deconstructing Arbitration (Indianapolis Bar Association, January 2019).
- Presenter, Start Up: Forming and Operating a New Race Team (The Racing Attorneys Conference, April 2018).
- Presenter, Amendments to Federal Rules 26 and 34 – Employment Discovery Disputes (Indianapolis Bar Association, May 2016).
- Presenter, Litigation & Alternative Dispute Resolution (The Racing Attorneys Conference, April 2015).
- Moderator, State and Local Government Support of Motorsports (The Racing Attorneys Conference, April 2011).