Chris represents clients in a variety of complex commercial litigation matters, including securities litigation, business ownership and corporate governance disputes, and professional liability matters. He has significant experience in the courtroom, from arguing dispositive motions to examining witnesses at trial.
Prior to joining the firm, Chris served as a law clerk for the Hon. Richard L. Young, District Judge at the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana. Before attending law school, Chris was a Teach For America Corps Member in Phoenix, where he taught reading, writing, and math to middle school students with special needs.
Education & Clerkships
- Law Clerk, Hon. Richard L. Young, District Judge, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- J.D., Washington and Lee University School of Law; Burks Scholar
- M.Ed., Arizona State University
- B.A., Economics, Indiana University – Bloomington
- Distinguished Fellow, Indianapolis Bar Foundation
Professional & Civic Involvement
- McKinney-Shepard Indianapolis Inn of Court
- Indianapolis Bar Associaton
- Heritage Place of Indianapolis, Board Member
Though all cases vary and none is predictive, Chris’ experience includes:
- Zotec Partners LLP v. CBIZ Operations, Inc., Marion County Commercial Court (2021) (defense verdict for seller of subsidiary on all of buyer’s claims, including securities fraud, common law fraud, statutory fraud and deception, breach of contract, and damage theories exceeding $200M).
- Finke v. Vanderkelen, No. 17-004936-CB, 2020 WL 2601196 (Mich. Ct. App. 2020) (affirming dismissal of shareholder claims for breach of fiduciary duties against directors of publicly traded bank concerning the terms of a merger).
- Division Six Sports, Inc. v. The Finish Line, Inc., 928 F.3d 631 (7th Cir. 2019) (affirming dismissal of contract claims against national retailer).
- Represented state environmental agency in resolution of putative class action concerning reimbursement from state trust fund for cleanup of underground petroleum storage tanks.
- Represented national professional sports franchise in defense of defamation claims.
- Represented Division I athletic conference in enforcing its bylaws against former member institution in breach.
- Represented national and regional law firms in variety of professional liability defense matters in state and federal courts.
- Presenter, Representing Newco & Litigating the Deal, ICLEF Advanced Mergers & Acquisitions Seminar, November 2019.