Assistant: Michelle Collins
Assistant Phone: 317.822.4400 x147
Ashley is an associate with Hoover Hull Turner LLP. She practices primarily in the areas of commercial litigation, professional liability defense, and employment disputes.
EDUCATION & CLERKSHIPS
- Law Clerk, Hon. Mark J. Dinsmore, United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- J.D., magna cum laude, Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law; Indiana Law Review, Editor-in-Chief, Volume 51; Dean’s Tutorial Society, Executive Director; Awarded the McKinney 2018 Faculty Prize
- M.S.W., Indiana University School of Social Work; concentration in Mental Health & Addiction Practice.
- B.S., Criminal Justice, summa cum laude, Tennessee State University
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & CIVIC INVOLVEMENT
- Indiana Judges and Lawyers Assistance Program (JLAP) Committee Member, Volunteer, Grief & Loss Support Group Facilitator
- Ashley’s five-year-old German Shepherd/Belgian Malinois, Judge, is a certified therapy dog and canine good citizen (CGC) working with JLAP to provide emotional and stress management support, in the form of pet therapy, to the legal community.
- Ashley is a licensed social worker (LSW) in Indiana focused on assisting the legal profession with handling grief and loss and educating others in suicide prevention and awareness.
Presentations & Publications
- Note, Sexism “Related to the Practice of Law”: The ABA Model Rule 8.4(g) Controversy, 51 Ind. Law Rev. 525 (2018).
- Article, JLAP: Help available for legal professionals dealing with grief, loss, Indiana Lawyer, March 5, 2019
- Presenter, Addressing Suicide, JLAP Volunteer Retreat, April 2019
- Presenter, Handling Grief & Loss, JLAP Volunteer Retreat, April 2018