Phone: 317.822.4400 x134
Assistant: Regina Miller
Assistant Phone: 317.822.4400 x119
Amanda Mulroony is a partner with Hoover Hull Turner LLP. She practices in the areas of commercial litigation, professional liability defense, and employment disputes. Amanda has successfully tried cases in state and federal courts and has represented clients in various appellate proceedings. She enjoys helping clients navigate complex business disputes.
EDUCATION & CLERKSHIPS
- J.D., summa cum laude, Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law; Symposium Editor, Indiana Law Review
- Legal Externship, Judge Jane Magnus-Stinson, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- B.A., cum laude, DePauw University. Graduate Member, Management Fellows Program of Distinction
- Indiana Rising Stars® (2016 – 2022)
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & CIVIC INVOLVEMENT
- Member, Indianapolis Bar Association Bar Leader Series Class XIV
- Barrister Member, Indianapolis American Inn of Court
- Registered Mediator, State of Indiana
- Committee Member, Indianapolis Bar Association Bench Bar Planning Committee
- Committee Member, Indianapolis Bar Foundation Community Empowerment Grant Committee
- Troop Leader, Girl Scouts of Central Indiana
- Member, Conner Prairie Horizon Council
Though all cases vary and none is predictive, Amanda’s experience includes:
- Represents Fortune 500 companies, mid-size companies, closely-held businesses, banks, and individuals in business disputes, including breach of contract contract and business torts.
- Represents businesses and individuals defending defamation claims.
- Represents employers facing discrimination claims, contract, wage disputes, and related issues, before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and federal and state courts.
- Represents attorneys and their firms in matters involving claims of professional negligence, disciplinary proceedings, and related allegations, in addition to advising clients on lawyer ethics and professional liability issues.
- Represented Indiana employer in an employment discrimination proceeding pursued by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission on behalf of multiple former employees, resulting in successful partial summary judgment motion and subsequent jury trial.
- Represented publicly traded company in successful 7th Circuit appeal of adverse jury verdict in a defamation suit.
- Obtained defense verdict for physician in medical malpractice trial.
- Represented closely held business in state court non-compete litigation involving former employees.
- Represented regional bank in multiple suits by subordinated and participant lenders relating to multi-million dollar real estate development loan; successfully defeated fraud and related allegations through summary judgment; assisted bank to obtain and manage receivership, and subsequent purchase of distressed development.
- Represented landlord obtaining injunctive relief against nationwide tenant lease breaches.
- Represented corporation and its President in pursuit of damages in excess of $2 million against former officers alleged to have engaged in wrongful competition with corporation in breach of fiduciary duty, tortious interference with the company’s business relationships, and related torts.
- Represented banks in shareholder merger disputes.
- Represented corporation and its President in dispute involving shareholder/former employee and various alleged business torts.
- Represented non-resident defendant in multi-million dollar federal suit, including complex choice of law, personal jurisdiction, and other procedural issues.
- Represented gas supplier in UCC requirements contract dispute.
Presentations & Publications
- Co-Presenter, 2021 Hoover Hull Turner LLP Law Firm Symposium, June 2021
- Co-Author, Recent Developments in Indiana Civil Procedure, 46 Ind. L. Rev. 975 (2013).
- Co-Author, Recent Developments in Indiana Civil Procedure, 45 Ind. L. Rev. 1011 (2012).
- Note, Indiana’s “Three Strikes” Inmate Litigation Limitations: 2009 Legislation Does Not Hit a Home Run, 44 Ind. L. Rev. 957 (2011).