Phone: (317) 822-4400 x134
Fax: (317) 822-0234
Assistant: Regina Miller
Assistant Phone: (317) 822-4400 x119
Amanda Mulroony is a partner with Hoover Hull Turner LLP. She practices in the areas of commercial litigation, professional liability defense, and employment disputes.
EDUCATION & CLERKSHIPS
- J.D., summa cum laude, Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law; Symposium Editor, Indiana Law Review
- Legal Externship, Judge Jane Magnus-Stinson, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- B.A., cum laude, DePauw University. Graduate Member, Management Fellows Program of Distinction
- Indiana Rising Stars® (2016-20)
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & CIVIC INVOLVEMENT
- Member, Indianapolis Bar Association Bar Leader Series Class XIV
- Associate Member, Indianapolis American Inn of Court
- Registered Mediator, State of Indiana
- Member, Rotary Club of Indianapolis
- Committee Member, Indianapolis Bar Association Young Lawyers Civic Committee
- Member, Defense Research Institute (“DRI”)
- Usher, St. Luke’s United Methodist Church, Indianapolis
Though all cases vary and none is predictive, Amanda’s experience includes:
- Represents Fortune 500 companies, mid-size companies, closely-held businesses, banks, and individuals in business disputes, including breach of contract contract and business torts.
- Represents businesses and individuals defending defamation claims.
- Represents employers facing discrimination claims, contract, wage disputes, and related issues, before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and federal and state courts.
- Represents attorneys in disputes involving professional liability and other related matters.
- Represented landlord obtaining injunctive relief against nationwide tenant lease breaches.
- Represented corporation and its President in pursuit of damages in excess of $2 million against former officers alleged to have engaged in wrongful competition with corporation in breach of fiduciary duty, tortious interference with the company’s business relationships, and related torts.
- Represented banks in shareholder merger disputes.
- Represented corporation and its President in dispute involving shareholder/former employee and various alleged business torts.
- Represented regional bank in action to foreclose on large residential development, assisting bank to obtain and manage receivership, with contested priority battle with subordinate mortgagor, and to purchase the distressed development at sheriff’s sale.
- Represented non-resident defendant in multi-million dollar federal suit, including complex choice of law, personal jurisdiction, and other procedural issues.
- Represented gas supplier in UCC requirements contract dispute.
Presentations & Publications
- Co-Presenter, 2021 Hoover Hull Turner LLP Law Firm Symposium, June 2021
- Co-Author, Recent Developments in Indiana Civil Procedure, 46 Ind. L. Rev. 975 (2013).
- Co-Author, Recent Developments in Indiana Civil Procedure, 45 Ind. L. Rev. 1011 (2012).
- Note, Indiana’s “Three Strikes” Inmate Litigation Limitations: 2009 Legislation Does Not Hit a Home Run, 44 Ind. L. Rev. 957 (2011).