Phone: (317) 822-4400 x108
Cell: (317) 373-4189
Fax: (317) 822-0234
Assistant: Melodie Alexander
Assistant Phone: (317) 822-4400
Alice Morical is a founding partner of Hoover Hull Turner LLP. She practices in the areas of commercial litigation, appeals in federal and state courts, non-competes, trade secrets, employment litigation defense, and professional liability defense.
EDUCATION & CLERKSHIPS
- Law Clerk, Hon. John D. Tinder, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- J.D., magna cum laude, Indiana University Maurer School of Law – Bloomington; Indiana Law Journal; Order of the Coif
- B.A., cum laude, Political Science, Miami University
- Distinguished Barrister, Indiana Lawyer (2019)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation (2014–21)
- AV Preeminent®, Martindale–Hubbell
- Indiana Super Lawyers® (2007-20; Top 25 Women in 2013-18, 2020; Top 50 overall in 2016)
- Ranked by Chambers USA in Band 3 of Indiana lawyers listed in “Litigation: General Commercial” (2018-20)
- Distinguished Fellow, Indianapolis Bar Foundation
- Distinguished Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Peter Perlman Service Award, Litigation Counsel of America
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & CIVIC INVOLVEMENT
- Elements Financial, Board of Directors (2019-present)
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Board of Directors (2019-present), Board Counsel (2019), HEAL Committee (2016-present)
- Rev, Executive Committee (2018-2019)
- Indiana Federal Community Defenders, Board of Directors (2018-present), Board Secretary (2020)
- Indiana Women’s Empowerment Network (2018-present)
- Pro Bono Counsel, Southern District of Indiana Civil Trial Assistance Panel (CTAP) and Mediation Assistance Program (MAP) programs (2015-present)
- Indianapolis Bar Foundation, Board of Directors (2015-2018), Board Counsel (2017), Impact Fund Committee (2013-2018, Chair 2018)
- School on Wheels, Board of Directors (2007-2017, Chair 2012-2014)
- Litigation Counsel of America (2008-present)
Though all cases vary and none is predictive, Alice’s experience includes:
Business Litigation and Appeals
- Represents Fortune 500 companies, mid-size companies and closely-held businesses in business disputes, including breach of contract claims and business torts.
- Represents businesses and individuals in federal and state appeals.
- Represented corporate defendants against defamation claims in both federal and state courts.
- Represented publicly-traded company sued for breach of contract and fraud in connection with sale of subsidiary.
- Represented publicly-traded company in successful 7th Circuit appeal of adverse jury verdict.
- Represented corporation and its President in pursuit of damages against former officers alleged to have engaged in wrongful competition with corporation.
- Represented majority shareholders in defending injunction brought by terminated minority shareholder.
- Defended managing members of LLC in dispute with current and former minority members against claims including freeze-out, breach of the operating agreement, and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Represented supplier of goods in contract dispute in federal diversity suit.
Non-Compete, Trade Secret and Employment Litigation
- Represents companies and individuals in interpreting, enforcing and challenging non-compete agreements and claims of trade secret misappropriation.
- Represents businesses and professionals in employment-related disputes.
- Represented individual in arbitration of enforceability of non-compete agreement involving national accounting firms.
- Represented global company defending employment discrimination claims and tort claims in federal court.
- Represents attorneys and their firms in matters involving claims of professional negligence, disciplinary proceedings, and related allegations, in addition to advising clients on lawyer ethics and professional liability issues.
- Represented national law firm in dispute over terms of sale of business.
- Represented attorney facing disbarment by disciplinary commission.
Presentations & Publications
- Presenter, Representation of NewCo and Litigating Mergers and Acquisitions (October 2019)
- Presenter, Advice on Selecting Business Litigation Experts (September 2019)
- Panel Moderator, Women’s Voices in the Courtroom – The Client’s Perspective (January 2019).
- Presenter, Advanced Business Litigation Seminar – Managing ESI & Discovery, Indianapolis Bar Association (September 2018).
- Presenter, Corporate Documents and Minimizing Risk of Disputes, Indianapolis Bar Association (August 16, 2016).
- Presenter, Women Trailblazers, Indianapolis Bar Association (July 26, 2016).
- Presenter, Be Prepared, Authentic and Persuasive, Litigation Counsel of America Renaissance Symposium IX (December 2015).
- Presenter, Practicing Law in Indiana: Ethics, Indiana Lawyer Presents Practicing Law in Indiana (October 2015).
- Presenter, Local Government Lawyer Ethics, 2015 Municipal Law Seminar, Indiana Municipal Lawyers Association (June 2015).
- Presenter, Pro Bono Trial Counsel Role, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana CLE Panel (June 27, 2014).
- Presenter, Ethics – Legal Malpractice and Lawyer Misconduct, Indiana Lawyer CLE Panel – Practicing Law in Indiana (October 31, 2012).
- Presenter, 11 Common Commercial Disputes and Considerations for Managing Them, Summer Owner’s Meeting, Buying and Information Group (August 9, 2011).
- Co-author, Survey, Results Show Women Lawyers are Happy, Res Gestae: The Journal of the Indiana State Bar Association, Vol. 7 (August 2013).
- Co-author, Common Issues Arising when the Corporation and its Majority and Minority Shareholders Part Ways, ISBA Business Law Newsletter, Spring 2011 (April 12, 2011).