Patrick A. Ziepolt is an associate of Hoover Hull Turner LLP. He concentrates his practice on business litigation. He also serves as counsel to law firms, attorneys, and other professionals in malpractice, ethics, and licensing matters.
- J.D., magna cum laude, Indiana University Maurer School of Law – Bloomington, Indiana; Editorial Staff, Indiana Law Journal; Sherman Minton Moot Court Board (Oral Advocacy Honors); Order of the Coif; Scribe Award for Excellence in Legal Writing
- B.A., Computer Science, Amherst College
Recognition and Professional Associations
- Indiana State Bar Association, Legal Ethics Committee Member
- Indianapolis Bar Association, General Member
- Indiana Rising Stars® (2014-18)
- Represented 500+ attorney law firm in multi-year dispute over sale of manufacturing business and post-sale arbitration.
- Represented 200+ attorney law firm in multi-year dispute over financing, insolvency, and sale of manufacturing business.
- Represented 600+ attorney law firm in dispute over non-client liability related to bankruptcy of energy company and attendant adversary proceedings.
- Represented law firms of various sizes in legal malpractice, non-client liability, and ownership disputes.
- Represented small law firms and solo practitioners in non-litigation legal ethics matters.
- Represented approximately thirty lawyers, in separate cases, in Indiana Supreme Court disciplinary proceedings through initial discipline-avoidance, charging, trial, appeal, and post-discipline motion practice.
Government and Utilities
- Represented utility in appeal of regulatory dispute.
- Represented utility association in appeal of regulatory dispute.
- Represented utility in dispute and strategic planning concerning expiration of easement rights.
- Represented State agency in federal civil rights proceedings with advocacy group.
- Represented State agency in various administrative hearings and regulatory disputes with contractors.
- Represented liquor distributor in regulatory dispute.
Business and Commercial
- Represented minority owners of publicly-traded corporation in contract and securities law dispute with management.
- Represented medical practice group in non-compete dispute with departing physicians.
- Represented departing professional in non-compete dispute involving national accounting firms.
- Represented departing professionals in dispute over dissolution of psychological services company.
- Represented former owner of RV dealership in contract dispute with current owner.
- Represented school district in contract and fraud dispute with its former superintendent.
- Represented insurer in post-judgment disputes over jury award.
- Represented insurer in interlocutory appeal over contract dispute.
- Represented bank in fraud dispute with guarantor of loan.
- Represented lender in dispute with consumer seeking exemplary damages under federal consumer protection statute.
Presentations & Publications
- Presenter, Legal Ethics: Top Challenges, National Business Institute, December 16, 2015.
- Moderator, Selling or Closing Your Firm – Making the Right Financial, Ethical, and Liability Decisions, ISBA Annual Meeting, October 8, 2015.
- Presenter, Legal Ethics of Evidence, National Business Institute, December 17, 2014.
- Moderator, Ethics: Changes in Law, Regulations, and Policy, BGD Legislative Conference, December 4, 2014.
- Presenter, The Attorney Discipline Process and Developments in Ethics Law, Wabash Valley Community Foundation, October 30, 2014.
- Author, Developments in Professional Responsibility, Indiana Law Review, Volume 47, 2014.
- Presenter, Illustrated Ethics, National Business Institute, December 17, 2013.
- Presenter, Going Paperless and Beyond: Attorney’s Guide to a Mobile Law Practice, National Business Institute, October 10, 2013.
- Presenter, Professional Responsibility & Ethical Practice, Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum (ICLEF), August 26, 2013.
- Presenter, Virtual Law Office and Interstate Practice of Law, National Business Institute, December 21, 2012.
- Presenter, Ethics and Social Media, National Business Institute, December 20, 2011.
- Author, Social Media and Ethics, Indiana Lawyer, October 12, 2011.
- Author, Shoring Up the Litigation Budget: Why Banks are Using Arbitration Clauses, Newsletter, August 30, 2011.
Twelve lawyers at Hoover Hull Turner LLP were selected to the listings of 2018 Indiana Super Lawyers and 2018 Indiana Rising Stars. No more than five percent of …
Thirteen lawyers at Hoover Hull Turner LLP were selected to the listings of 2016 Indiana Super Lawyers and 2016 Indiana Rising Stars. No more than five percent of …
Thirteen Hoover Hull Turner LLP attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the listings of Indiana Super Lawyers® and Indiana Rising Stars® for 2015. Two of those attorneys …
Phone: (317) 381-5632
Cell: (317) 709-4787
Fax: (317) 822-0234
Assistant: Dixie L. Lawyer
Assistant Phone: (317) 822-4400 x 120