Alice Morical is a founding partner of Hoover Hull Turner LLP. She practices in the areas of commercial litigation, employment litigation defense and professional liability defense.
Education & Clerkships
- Law Clerk, Honorable Judge John D. Tinder, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- J.D., magna cum laude, Indiana University Maurer School of Law – Bloomington; Indiana Law Journal; Order of the Coif
- B.A., cum laude, Political Science, Miami University
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation (2014–2018)
- AV Preeminent®, Martindale–Hubbell
- Indiana Super Lawyers® (2007–2018, Top 25 Women in 2013–2018, Top 50 overall in 2016)
- Distinguished Fellow, Indianapolis Bar Foundation
- Distinguished Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
Professional Associations & Civic Involvement
- Indianapolis Bar Foundation, Board of Directors (2015-present, Board Counsel 2017)
- Impact Fund Committee of the Indianapolis Bar Foundation (2013-present, Chair 2018)
- HEAL Committee of the Indianapolis Bar Association (2016-present)
- Indiana Federal Community Defenders, Board of Directors (2018)
- Women’s Fund of Central Indiana, Perspectives Committee (2018)
- School on Wheels, Board of Directors (2007-2017, Chair 2012-2014)
- Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow (2008-present)
- Represents Fortune 500 companies, mid-size companies and closely-held businesses in business disputes, including breach of contract claims and business torts.
- Represents businesses and individuals defending defamation claims.
- Represented corporation sued for breach of contract and fraud in connection with sale of subsidiary.
- Represented corporation and its President in pursuit of damages against former officers alleged to have engaged in wrongful competition with corporation in breach of fiduciary duty, tortious interference with the company’s business relationships, and related torts.
- Represented majority shareholders in defending injunction brought by terminated minority shareholder.
- Defended managing members of LLC in dispute with current and former minority members against claims including freeze-out, breach of the operating agreement, and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Represented national telephone directory publisher in numerous disputes with advertisers and others, including disputes relating to breach of advertising agreements.
- Represented supplier of goods in UCC requirements contract dispute in federal diversity suit.
- Represented publicly traded global company pursuing claims of product defects.
- Represents companies and individuals in interpreting, enforcing and challenging non-compete agreements and claims of trade secret misappropriation.
- Represents businesses and professionals in employment-related disputes.
- Represented individual in arbitration of enforceability of non-compete agreement involving national accounting firms.
- Represented global company defending employment discrimination claims and tort claims in federal court.
- Represented employer in arbitrations involving former managerial employees asserting wage and benefit claims.
- Represents attorneys and their firms in matters involving claims of professional negligence, disciplinary proceedings, and related allegations, in addition to advising clients on lawyer ethics and professional liability issues.
- Represented national law firm in dispute over terms of sale of business.
- Represented attorney facing disbarment by disciplinary commission.
Presentations & Publications
- Presenter, Corporate Documents and Minimizing Risk of Disputes, Indianapolis Bar Association (August 16, 2016).
- Presenter, Women Trailblazers, Indianapolis Bar Association (July 26, 2016).
- Presenter, Be Prepared, Authentic and Persuasive, Litigation Counsel of America Renaissance Symposium IX (December 2015).
- Presenter, Practicing Law in Indiana: Ethics, Indiana Lawyer Presents Practicing Law in Indiana (October 2015).
- Presenter, Local Government Lawyer Ethics, 2015 Municipal Law Seminar, Indiana Municipal Lawyers Association (June 2015).
- Presenter, Pro Bono Trial Counsel Role, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana CLE Panel (June 27, 2014).
- Presenter, Ethics – Legal Malpractice and Lawyer Misconduct, Indiana Lawyer CLE Panel – Practicing Law in Indiana (October 31, 2012).
- Presenter, Ethics – 3M’s: Malpractice, Mismanagement and Misconduct, Indiana Lawyer CLE Panel – Practicing Law in Indiana (October 28, 2011).
- Presenter, 11 Common Commercial Disputes and Considerations for Managing Them, Summer Owner’s Meeting, Buying and Information Group (August 9, 2011).
- Presenter, 10 Common Commercial Disputes and Considerations for Managing Them, Executive Impact Group (April 19, 2011).
- Co-author, Survey, Results Show Women Lawyers are Happy, Res Gestae: The Journal of the Indiana State Bar Association, Vol. 7 (August 2013).
- Co-author, Common Issues Arising when the Corporation and its Majority and Minority Shareholders Part Ways, ISBA Business Law Newsletter, Spring 2011 (April 12, 2011).
On September 29, a team of volunteers from Hoover Hull Turner LLP spent the morning at Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana in Indianapolis as part of the Indianapolis …
BEST LAWYERS® HONORS EIGHT HOOVER HULL TURNER LLP PARTNERS AND NAMES WAYNE C. TURNER “LAWYER OF THE YEAR” FOR BET-THE-COMPANY LITIGATION
Hoover Hull Turner LLP’s Wayne Turner has been named Indianapolis’ “Lawyer of the Year” for Bet-the-Company Litigation by The Best Lawyers in America©. Only one lawyer in the Indianapolis …
Hoover Hull Turner founding partner Alice Morical was the featured guest speaker at the IndyBar Women and the Law Division’s Quarterly Trailblazer’s Roundtable on July 26th. She spoke …
Thirteen lawyers at Hoover Hull Turner LLP were selected to the listings of 2016 Indiana Super Lawyers and 2016 Indiana Rising Stars. No more than five percent of …
Wayne Turner Named Indianapolis “Lawyer of the Year” for “Bet-the-Company Litigation” by Best Lawyers®
Hoover Hull Turner LLP's Wayne Turner has been named Indianapolis' "Lawyer of the Year" for "Bet-the-Company Litigation" by The Best Lawyers in America©. Only one lawyer in the Indianapolis …
Thirteen Hoover Hull Turner LLP attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the listings of Indiana Super Lawyers® and Indiana Rising Stars® for 2015. Two of those attorneys …
Phone: (317) 822-4400 x108
Cell: (317) 373-4189
Fax: (317) 822-0234
Assistant: Melodie Alexander
Assistant Phone: (317) 822-4400