Jason Fulk is a partner of Hoover Hull Turner LLP. He practices primarily in the areas of complex business litigation and motorsports law. He also manages the career and business interests of Verizon IndyCar Series driver Charlie Kimball.
- J.D., Indiana University Maurer School of Law – Bloomington; Managing Editor, Indiana Law Journal; Best Brief Award, Sherman Minton Moot Court Competition
- B.S., Marketing, with distinction, B.S., Computer Information Systems, with distinction, Indiana University Kelley School of Business – Bloomington
Clerkships & Prior Employment
- Summer Law Clerk, Magistrate Judge Tim A. Baker, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- Management Consultant, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- AV Preeminent®, Martindale–Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation (2014-18)
- Indiana Super Lawyers® (2017-18)
- Indiana Rising Stars® (2009-16)
- Finalist, Indy’s Best and Brightest Awards (2010, 2011)
Professional Associations & Civic Involvement
- Vice President, Domestic Violence Network
- Coach, Carmel Dads Club Youth Soccer
- Indiana State Bar Association, American Citizenship Committee
- Barrister, Sagamore American Inn of Court (2010-12)
- Represented multi-national medical device distributor in dispute with device manufacturer regarding rights under distribution agreement and intellectual property licensing agreement.
- Represented corporation and its President in pursuit of damages in excess of $2 million against former officers alleged to have engaged in wrongful competition with corporation in breach of fiduciary duty, tortious interference with the company’s business relationships, and related torts.
- Advised LLC member and co-manager regarding management and ownership rights and obligations under the operating agreements of numerous affiliated LLCs in dispute over future operation of real estate development enterprise.
- Represented regional bank in action to foreclose on large residential development, assisting bank to obtain and manage receivership, with contested priority battle with subordinate mortgagor, and to purchase the distressed development at sheriff’s sale.
- Represented insurer in dispute over service provider’s claim for compensation for reinsurance review services performed outside the scope of a service contract. Ind. Lumbermens Mut. Ins. Co. v. Reinsurance Results, Inc., 513 F.3d 652 (7th Cir. 2008).
- Represented national telephone directory publisher in numerous disputes with advertisers and others, including disputes relating to breach of advertising agreements, trademark infringement, and constitutional issues.
- Represented national coffee chain in numerous product and premises liability disputes.
- Represented non-resident defendant casino in dispute over collection of casino markers on issue of first impression regarding whether the exercise of personal jurisdiction over casino would violate constitutional due process rights. JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. v. Desert Palace, Inc., 882 N.E.2d 743 (Ind. Ct. App. 2008).
- Manages the career and business interests of Verizon IndyCar Series driver Charlie Kimball.
- Represents professional race car drivers in negotiations with teams and sponsors participating in NASCAR, INDYCAR and other racing series regarding driving and sponsorship services, personal appearances, and IP licensing.
- Counsels race teams and their owners regarding agreements with drivers, sponsors, and other racing services providers, with attention to protecting sponsor relationships, IP licensing, liability limitations, waivers, releases, and indemnities.
- Assists clients with partial emancipation of minor children for the purpose of allowing them to participate in auto or motorcycle racing in Indiana.
- Represented Champ Car World Series and its owners in numerous disputes with event promoters and creditors.
- Represented CART race team and its owner in arbitrated dispute with rival team relating to a technology sharing agreement and ownership rights under LLC operating agreement.
Presentations & Publications
- Presenter, Start Up: Forming and Operating a New Race Team (The Racing Attorneys Conference, April 2018).
- Panelist, Amendments to Federal Rules 26 and 34 – Employment Discovery Disputes (Indianapolis Bar Association, May 2016).
- Panelist, Litigation & Alternative Dispute Resolution (The Racing Attorneys Conference, April 2015).
- Moderator, State and Local Government Support of Motorsports (The Racing Attorneys Conference, April 2011).
Twelve lawyers at Hoover Hull Turner LLP were selected to the listings of 2018 Indiana Super Lawyers and 2018 Indiana Rising Stars. No more than five percent of …
On December 12, Hoover Hull Turner client Charlie Kimball announced his plans to join new Verizon IndyCar Series entrant Carlin for the 2018 season. Kimball will be returning …
On September 29, a team of volunteers from Hoover Hull Turner LLP spent the morning at Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana in Indianapolis as part of the Indianapolis …
BEST LAWYERS® HONORS EIGHT HOOVER HULL TURNER LLP PARTNERS AND NAMES WAYNE C. TURNER “LAWYER OF THE YEAR” FOR BET-THE-COMPANY LITIGATION
Hoover Hull Turner LLP’s Wayne Turner has been named Indianapolis’ “Lawyer of the Year” for Bet-the-Company Litigation by The Best Lawyers in America©. Only one lawyer in the Indianapolis …
Thirteen lawyers at Hoover Hull Turner LLP were selected to the listings of 2017 Indiana Super Lawyers and 2017 Indiana Rising Stars. No more than five percent of …
On October 4, 2016, the Verizon IndyCar Series held its annual Championship Celebration at Hilbert Circle Theatre on Indianapolis’ Monument Circle. Novo Nordisk Chip Ganassi Racing driver and …
On October 14, 2016, the Domestic Violence Network of Greater Indianapolis celebrated the contributions of community members who excel in domestic violence intervention and prevention at its third …
Best Lawyers® Honors Eight Hoover Hull Turner LLP Partners and Names Andrew W. Hull “Lawyer of the Year” for ERISA Litigation
Hoover Hull Turner LLP’s Andy Hull has been named Indianapolis’ “Lawyer of the Year” for ERISA Litigation by The Best Lawyers in America©. Only one lawyer in the Indianapolis …
Hoover Hull Turner Partners Jason Fulk and Laurie Martin teamed with the Indianapolis Bar Association Labor and Employment section to participate in a panel discussion on May 24, …
On Saturday, Team Lightning presented by Hoover Hull Turner LLP ended their season with a nervy nil-nil draw over the "blue team" on a sodden field at Old Shelborne. Lightning had …
Thirteen lawyers at Hoover Hull Turner LLP were selected to the listings of 2016 Indiana Super Lawyers and 2016 Indiana Rising Stars. No more than five percent of …
Wayne Turner Named Indianapolis “Lawyer of the Year” for “Bet-the-Company Litigation” by Best Lawyers®
Hoover Hull Turner LLP's Wayne Turner has been named Indianapolis' "Lawyer of the Year" for "Bet-the-Company Litigation" by The Best Lawyers in America©. Only one lawyer in the Indianapolis …
Jason Fulk will join Indianapolis mediator Bill Baten in a panel discussion on "Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution" as part of The Racing Attorneys Conference (TRAC) held on …
Thirteen Hoover Hull Turner LLP attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the listings of Indiana Super Lawyers® and Indiana Rising Stars® for 2015. Two of those attorneys …
Phone: (317) 822-4400 x107
Fax: (317) 822-0234
Assistant: Melodie Alexander
Assistant Phone: (317) 822-4400 x130